11:03 AM

First Halloween

Posted by Jake & Christina

It has definitely been way too long since I last signed into my Blogger account. I thought it was about time for an update.

Lizzy just experienced her first Halloween last week. She dressed up as Princess Leia. I thought it was fitting because she is in love with Star Wars. I think the brightness of the lightsabers, blasters, and explosions is what makes her so interested in it. We couldn't spend too much money on her costume. Rent is expensive. Student loans are expensive. Jake's car needed some repairs. Jake doesn't have a job. Teachers don't make much money. So, needless to say, we didn't have money budgeted for a Halloween costume for Lizzy. I thought I would try to make it myself. Here are some pictures of how it turned out. I was pretty happy with the result. :)

Lizzy is posing with a Yoda puppet. 

Here we have Princess Leia and 'Chewbacca' aka Sophie. 

The fleece that I sewed her outfit from cost me a little less than $3. The yarn for her hair buns cost a little more than $1. I cut up an old cereal box to be used to help stabilize her buns. I then hot glued everything onto a piece of elastic. You can't beat a homemade costume that was under $5. :) 

3 comments:

Jessica Townsend said...

I love her costume! and I love that Sophie was chewy...she made a perfect one! <3

Torrie said...

Awesome! I'm very impressed!

Jake & Christina said...

Thanks! :)

Post a Comment